health and wellness guide
March 20th, 2020
REGARDING THE NOVEL CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
HEALTH and WELLNESS Guide
As a valued member of the EVERSTAFF team, your health and well-being are important to us. While many questions regarding the novel coronavirus remain unanswered at this time, there are practical, commonsense ways for you to take care of yourself, protect others, and monitor latest developments.
Based on guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, EVERSTAFF recommends that employees:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching their eyes, nose, and mouth
- Stay home when they are sick
- Cover their cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipes
- NOT wear a face mask unless they show symptoms of respiratory illness, including COVID-19
- Wash their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing their nose, coughing, or sneezing (if soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol)
EVERSTAFF is working closely with our client partners to provide flexible work schedules and leave accommodation where possible. We will also be following all federal and state guidelines as they become available, including those related to leave benefits and accommodations. The most important thing you can do as an employee is:
NOTIFY YOUR RECRUITER IF YOU ARE SICK!
Symptoms include fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath and/or sore throat.
Any employees who may have recently visited/traveled outside of the U.S., have come in close contact with anyone who has recently traveled outside of the U.S. or interacted with someone diagnosed with the coronavirus or has been experiencing flu-like or coronavirus-like symptoms should notify their recruiter immediately.
Employees who have questions or concerns regarding this information, EVERSTAFF’s leave policies, or any other issue, should speak with their recruiter or contact Human Resources at email@example.com or (216) 369-2566.
For information about handwashing, see CDC’s Handwashing website.